Wednesday, September 12, 2012

USFQ and 7 Places to Eat

USFQ's campus has about 7,000 students and there is no on-campus housing.  What's amazing is that they have seven places to eat.  I've eaten at two, but I plan on trying many of the others.

The buffet line - $4 for a full lunch
I bought a 10-pack card for the buffet-style restaurant.  It cost $40, so each lunch is $4.  At this restaurant everyday you get: soup, salad, rice, entree, dessert, bread, and drink.  I have to ask for small portions.

Many of the professors eat their, and this is a way for me to listen in on their conversations which are all in Spanish.

The other restaurants include a sandwich shop (kind of like Subway), spaghetti and pizza (with a beer if you'd like), a place that makes sandwiches using crepes, a sushi stand (it's outside), a fast-food asian restaurant, and an outdoors cafe.

The campus has a department that teaches cooking, and these restaurants are a way for the students to get practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
I'll have a look at comments periodically and respond.