Friday, September 21, 2012

Upcoming adventure

Bruce Hoeneisen - At the tiller of his sailboat

If things go right, I’ll be sailing in the Pacific on 29 September.  Professor of Physics Bruce Hoeneisen (and original founder of USFQ) just bought a bigger sailboat in Salinas and needs to sail it up the coast of Ecuador to Bahía where he has place.

Bruce invited me to go along and "yes" was coming out of my mouth before he finished his invitation.






Sailing from Salinas to Bahía


Today, we bought plane tickets for a flight to take us to Guayaquil on next Thursday (28 September). From there we take a 2.5 hour taxi ride to Salinas.

On Friday, Bruce has to finalize the paper work for the purchase. During the paper work part I hope to be on the beach in front of the hotel Chipipe.

I’ll be sure to take plenty of pictures for a future post. Keep your fingers crossed that the paperwork all goes through and we hit the seven seas!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! That sounds incredible! You are a Hemingway, just finding adventures left and right!

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
I'll have a look at comments periodically and respond.