Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm still not used to ...


2nd Floor Maxwell Hall bathroom at USFQ
I've seen this in more than one place here in Ecuador, so I think it's a fairly normal procedure.  The custodial service is in the bathrooms while the public is using the bathrooms.  What catches my attention every time is that the custodial service employees (women) are in the men's bathroom cleaning while the men are using the bathroom.

The first time I walked in and saw the custodian, I turned around and walked out, and came back later when she was done.  But as I was turning I saw a few bathroom customers (males) doing their business.  So I figured I had something to learn about local customs.


When I took this picture, our building's custodian happened to be inside cleaning at that very moment.  How do I know?  After taking the picture I went to the bathroom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
I'll have a look at comments periodically and respond.