Thursday, September 13, 2012

For all you skeptics ...

Explaining some deep concept I'm sure!


Just in case your skeptical about the fact that I'm working while here in Quito, here are some shots of me in action on the USFQ campus.

Class meets Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 10 a.m. and lasts 55 minutes.  It is a 4 credit hour course.  I'm used to 4 credit hours meaning that you have 4 contact hours/week.  So this class meets just less that 3 hours/week.

I'm already feeling the time pinch, it feels like I'm already a week behind schedule.



I just finished my first round of grading.  So far the students seem to be in just about the same place in their curriculum as an IU Southeast student would be.

I'm using in-class active learning - which eats time
In this picture (below) you'll notice that the three seated students all have on a jersey.  On that day the Ecuadorian national fútbol team was playing Boliva.  The current round of games determines which teams go to the next World Cup.  You know there's a game that day because many wear jerseys, drivers are hurrying more (to get to a TV), and students are distracted.

Ecuador 1, Boliva 0     ¡Viva la Selección!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
I'll have a look at comments periodically and respond.