Sunday, September 2, 2012

Riding the El Chaquiñan Trail

Snapshot of El Chaquiñan

OK, I’ve done three rides now on the El Chaquiñan trail.  It looks like bike riding is going to work out for me, I’m glad about that.

The first ride was a 10K to see if the bike would work out, and then I should go ahead and buy a helmet.  The answer was “yes”, and I knew right then that I needed gloves because the trail is pretty rough and beats your hands up as well as your backside.

El Chaquiñan - 1st 10K
The second ride was a 20K.  That’s a little less than the 15 mile rides that grew to be short rides for me in the Knobs, but I didn’t know about problems with the altitude.  20K worked out about just right.  When I got back home, I was ready to be back home.



The third ride was to Tumbaco (the next town over from Cumbayá) where I rode around the streets to see what’s there.  I found a shopping center that included a multiplex cinema.  If I ever go to watch a movie, I’ll ride the bus for $0.25.





New helmet and gloves



Next thing to buy is a mirror for my helmet.  I just have to see what’s coming up behind me when I’m riding on the streets.

Here's a link to more images found on the web of El Chaquiñan.

1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone
    How are you? Today I want to share with you about Ecuador food. we are providing food services from our Scala shopping mall and our food shop. Often you will find with a different kinds of Ecuador food, food shop, that the owner will do what it is to please their steady customers. This means that if there is something you desire, they could place it on order for. Take a look at our mall to know more about our scala Shopping-centros comerciales en quito

    Best wishes
    Helson Steven

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
I'll have a look at comments periodically and respond.