Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Biking

I just have to find ways to get exercise and I just found out today that there are local swimming pools, but they might be private. 
My bike for the next 4 months


In the mean time, Cecilia says I can use a fat-tire bike that was left here by a former student.  I tried it today on the local rails-to-trails path, and it works just fine. 


On Thursday (when I'm in Quito again for visa registration) I’ll get a helmet ($14), some gloves, and a water bottle. 







Rails-to-Trails from Cumbayá to Puembo


The trail is just a couple of blocks from Cecilia’s house along with a local bike shop where I got the tires pumped.

I went 3 km (from left to right) and it was all down hill.  The climb back wasn’t too bad since this is a railroad grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
I'll have a look at comments periodically and respond.