Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cumbayá Eating

Emma tells me that she is already forgetting many of the places she visited regularly while she studied in Sevilla Spain. So here are some pictures of places in Cumbayá where I've eaten, had something to drink, or bought a pastry.  This page is to help me remember.

I’ve had pizza here at least a couple of times, always with Cecilia.
Once after we picked her son Luis Fernando up from the airport, and
he had not had dinner.

This is just across from USFQ - Mexican type food.
I ate here on a Saturday afternoon
when I was working on campus.
I remember asking for the bill from two
different waiters, and then waiting
another 10 - 15 minutes.

I went here for a postre and café one weekend.
While I’m sitting there, someone I had met
came in and we chatted for 10 to 15 minutes.
This happens all the time to Janet in New Albany
because she has so many students,
but in Cumbayá after only being here a
couple of months!

You can’t eat here, but when
Janet was visiting,
we bought croissants with chocolate
two or three times.
This is a Quito area chain.

I’ve had coffee here two or three times on the weekend.
I like to go here and study Spanish. This is a Quito area chain.

Across from USFQ - hamburgers and fries.
McDonalds is better.

I ate here one of the first few days in Ecuador.
You pick the uncooked meat and vegetables and
then they cook it up for you.

Tacos are good here.

I have had ice cream from here a couple of times.

Fausto and Bruce from USFQ took me here for lunch.
I had shrimp ceviche. This is a Quito area chain.
When Janet visited, we ate here with Cecilia.

Someone from USFQ started this chain local to Quito.
They are hotdog like sandwiches. It tasted good.
This is a Quito area chain.

On Saturdays when I’ve been trying to get a
lot of work done at USFQ,
I’ve gone here because it is “fast food” and
I don’t have to wait 15 minutes to
receive and pay for the check.

I had a beer here once.
Prices are a little high.

The owner of this place is from Arkansas and
the BBQ is good.
I’ve eaten here a couple of times.
I've noticed quit a few gringos here.

Fausto told me he liked this place, so I tried it.
The sandwiches (gyros) are very tasty.
I’ve since had “para llevar” (carry out) a couple of times and
taken it back to Cecilia’s house.

Janet and I ate a chocolate covered pastry here.

Across from USFQ. It was pretty good,
but when I’m in a hurry, it takes too long.

Self serve yogurt with lots of choices.
The cost is based on the weight of your serving.

This is another Quito area chain with a nice menu.
I took Cecilia out for dinner and had beef stroganoff. 

1 comment:

  1. Good, glad you did this! You'll be happy you did when you look back and it brings all kinds of other memories along with it!

    Love,
    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Hi!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
I'll have a look at comments periodically and respond.